Everyone needs program ideas that stretch our thin library dimes. That’s why our Ten Dollar Tuesday series needs you! How are you doing STEAM programs in your library on a tight (or nonexistent) budget? Drop us a line and tell us about engineering with toothpicks and marshmallows, chromatography with drugstore supplies, stargazing, making the most of free tutorials online, paper crafting, Freecycled and re-purposed tech and more!
Let us know about your great idea and we’ll feature your program on an upcoming Tuesday. Here’s what we’ll need:
- Your name & your library’s
- Your suggestion for the best age range and size for the group
- The total cost of the program, with a shopping list
- Your tips and tricks and a rundown of how it all works
- Difficulties and challenges you encountered (with the materials, unexpected costs, participation, fun… anything really) and how you handled or learned from them*
- Any suggestions or ideas for adapting the program
- We love pictures, too! Send ’em in if you’ve got ’em!
robottestkitchen at gmail
*This is sometimes the hardest part to write, but it’s so important to helping other librarians know what to expect, and know that we’re not alone in our challenges.